Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Little Background

Path to the wood shed
 This blog is an active journal as my family and I embark on a journey to move to paradise.  Some people might say that we already live in paradise, but they love lots of snow and ski everyday.  We don't.  Don't get me wrong; we used to.  We live in a little dot on the map called Clark, Colorado, about 20 miles north of Steamboat Springs, CO, an area we affectionately call the "Clarctic Circle".  My wife, Jackie, has been here about 30 years, I have been here about 20, and our son, Keegan, who was born here.  Now a teenager. After so many years of 9 months (yes, NINE) out of the year of winter, we have all agreed it is time for a change.

 
Yes, that says 40 below.

The pictures on the left and below represent the two main reasons why we are ready for a change: snow and cold. 



No, we can't see out our windows.





  




I will be using this blog to document why we chose Hawaii, why we didn't choose somewhere else, and to basically try to keep track of the huge task that is ahead of us.  I welcome any comments that may be helpful or useful.

  
 









No comments:

Post a Comment